Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Atonement Review...


Atonement
Attainment Series Book Two
By: J.H. Cardwell

Blurb
Reese Stanford is off to college at Wake Forest with her loving boyfriend, Tate Justice…or is she? When trust issues arise regarding Tate’s behavior, she turns to none other than her beautiful past - the beach god, John Rider who is conveniently available and still waiting. Will it be enough drama for John to finally have her forever, or will other shocking revelations and dark discoveries keep Reese from becoming his life-long dream? Will Tate ever be able to win her love back?
 Betrayal, anger, lust, and love fuel the future of Reese causing unexpected twists and turns on her long-awaited road to happiness. Will undying love conquer after all? Can Reese remain true to herself?

Buy Links
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attainment (Book 1) Reviews:

Erycka's Review:

This is definitely one of those books that I had to push through, and I’m glad I did. Ms. Cardwell dropped a bombshell in the prologue. I was so taken aback that I actually had to put the book down for a couple of days. I contemplated walking away from it completely. Not because I hadn’t read about rape and the after affects, but because I didn’t want to read another ‘girl gets raped, girl can’t handle life’ story. Not to mention, I felt like Ms. Cardwell was all over the board in the prologue. I had a difficult time following the conversation and keeping track of whom was speaking and how many hands the rapist had. This too, got better.
As Reese’s story unfolds, she’s faced with friends that aren’t really ‘friends.’ At least not the kind of friends she needs in her life. She makes (or what seems) one bad decision after another regarding the ‘men’ in her life and not truly learning her lesson. She is continuously let down by them, yet she keeps going back.
Her involvement with John is just disturbing. It makes me wonder if this piece was necessary. The wavering between Tate and Carter made my blood boil. Tate just made me angry.
The twists and turns with the added Christian morals were all very interesting. It will be a ride in Atonement I’m sure. One I’m willing to take.
I give this 3/5 start.

Ashley's Review:

Oh my God!  I absolutely loved this book.  I fell in love with it from the beginning and couldn't wait to see what all would happen to these amazing characters.  I know this was an ARC copy of the book but I really struggled to read it due to all of the mistakes in grammar and formatting, but this should be cleaned up in the finished copy.

I loved reading Reese's story and truly felt for her as her story unraveled.  I immediately hated Carter, even before you hear about the incident.  I am still on the edge about Tate and I'm really not sure what his deal is, I hope to find out in book two.  However, I completely fell in love with John's character and he is.

This was a very busy book and it was full of information.  However it all melded together in the end.  This book is well worth the read and I highly recommend it.  Aside from the vast amount of grammar and formatting issues it was a great read.  The plot, character and themes/morals were all amazing and made up for the other issues.  

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

ATONEMENT REVIEW BY ASHLEY:

I literally just finished this book.  It started out extremely slow but wound up being really good.  I loved the Reese and John line in the first book and was routing for them but I wanted to kill John in this book what a major jerk he wound up being.  Tate and Reeses story was really strong in this one.

Once you get about 30% into it the story really flies by and gets good.  I can't wait to see if there is a third book and see what happens to this group next.  Once again the grammar and formatting were awful but that's expected from an ARC.  I would recommend these books to others because the characters and plot are really good and sound.

Rating:  4 out of 5 stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Julie has spent years in the medical field. The first few as a Cardiac Specialty Nurse, and over the last decade as a Pharmaceutical and Medical Sales Representative. She has gathered mounds of experience both personally and professionally to pour into her long time passion…writing. After years of power points in the corporate world, she is finally pursuing literary fiction/New Adult/Contemporary romance with her first novel, Attainment, and the now released sequel Atonement. The third book in the series, Chloe, will be released in 2014. Julie resides in a small town in NC with her husband and four children. She continues working full time in sales, exploring her writing late at night and in the wee hours of the morning when her children are tucked safely in bed.
Author Links


No comments:

Post a Comment